A SERIOUS HDTV ANTENNA FOR SERIOUS RANGE!
Choose the Model that's Best For You:
Option 1: For extreme gain for the UHF band only (option 2 adds insane gain on the VHF band too). Note, if you need long range on UHF only, we also have it without the VHF Upgrade Here
Option 2: This option is the same as Option 1, but also adds Long Range VHF too with our Patented VHF Upgrade Kit! (typically needed for rural areas, or hilly / mountainous areas)!
This model has an outstanding maximum UHF line of sight range of 100 miles (this is considered the max line of sight range possible, due to the curvature of the earth preventing longer groundwave paths), and an up to 250 mile maximum "TROPO" range (this extended range refers to an exceptional, rare events that happens sometimes during late summer and early fall nights and early mornings, through atmospheric ducting / bouncing off the lower atmosphere).
Option 2: Also adds long range VHF capabilities to the antenna too.
VHF Range is Customizable - Choose Your VHF Range:
Choose Option 1 for moderate VHF abilities (under 40 miles line of sight) or Option 2 to also add long range VHF capabilities (up to 80 miles VHF) , via using the Drop Down Box immediately above the first Youtube video).
*To learn more about ranges, scroll down and read more about LOS and Tropo Range Explained paragraphs and see Reception Warnings paragraphs further down this page for more thorough explanations.
Won't Other Brands Advertising 150 Mile, or even 1,000 Mile Range Have More Range?
Unlikely, if they're smaller. These antennas are commonly imports that grossly exaggerate their claims. Never go by claimed ranges alone. A much better sense of antenna gain is how large the antenna is in conjunction to how many tuned antennas it has (a 24" long antenna with 10 UHF elements will have more gain than a 12" long antenna with only 5 x UHF antenna elements).
What Exactly is Tropo Range?
Tropo is a longer than normal skywave path enhancement that sometimes happens to VHF and UHF TV and Radio signals during late nights and early mornings in the summer and early fall months. These longer than normal ranges are sometimes achievable when the lower atmopshere (the troposphere) allows for VHF and UHF signals to ride this atmosphere layer and return back to earth (also referred to by radio operators as VHF / UHF scatter or short skip). When this skywave enhancement is present, it can typically extend range by an additional 10% to as much as 250% in distance (this is where the up to 250 Tropo range refers to). Without Tropo, grond wave range paths are generally considered to be limited to 100 miles in a best case scenario, due to the curvature of the earth itself preventing a longer line of sight path.
Note: This listing is for the antenna and mast clamp only. Some additional accessories (which we also carry) recommend for some installs under these scenarios, such as:
1. You have weak stations in more than one direction - Either a rotor / rotator or second antenna may be needed to cover all the weak stations in additional direciton(s).
2. If you have high install loss due to splittlers (or running the antenna to mulitple TVs) or coax lines well over 50ft, adding a Signal Amplifier is recommended to maintain signals, otherwise such equipment can wipe out a signal quickly. The signal amplifiers don't technically increase the antenna's range, but rather maintain it by cancelling out the effects of high install loss (note, on the other hand, if your install loss is low (no splitters in the line, only one TV connected to the antenna, and 50ft or less RG6 coax cable..), generally a signal amplifier is a waste of money).
3. You have weak VHF stations 35 plus miles away or with edged paths (instead of line of sight) per TVFool dot com, we highly recommend the VHF Upgrade Kit (see OPTION #2 above) for weak signal capabilties on both the UHF and VHF high bands.
4. We also sell roof mounts and mounting poles (if needed).
*IMPORTANT RECEPTION WARNINGS* - Not recommended for apartment or condo building installs. Also not recommend for inside homes that use brick, rock/stone, and/or concrete walls or with metal/aluminum siding, as these materials effectively shield out radio and tv signals. Poor reception expected if mounting inside of apartments or condo buildings or buildings/homes that use brick,concrete, metal, or aluminum walls or exterior siding as these materials shield out tv signals... Note: TV signals cannot penetrate through any metal, brick, or concrete barriers! If you mounting indoors or below roof height, be aware of walls or neighboring homes composed of brick, concrete, and/or metal / aluminum siding, if the antenna isn't mounted above them and they're in between the path toward the TV stations.
Northeast USA & Areas with Weak Stations in Different Directions - Higher gain antennas are consequently also more directional. This item's maximum strength is approx 35 degree wide, however can often pick up full power stations up to 35 miles away in all directions too, (assuming they aren't weak stations and/or blocked heavily by terrain), however If you reside in the Northeast part of the USA and/or in an area which has weaker stations (such as due to mountains or large hill ranges in the way (also known as 1edge or 2edge paths on the TVfool tv signal reference site) in different directions, a rotor or second antenna with a coax switch (a combiner sometimes also works well) may be needed to pick up stations in different directions.
In the northeast part of the USA, this area is especially common to have weak stations heavily scattered in different directions and blocked by mountains and/or heavy hill ranges, thus a rotator is almost always necessary for this part of the USA. We sell rotors in our store, but rotors are a bit pricey. If a rotor is undesirable, a second best option would to add one of our quality Outdoor Omni-Directional antennas.
ATTIC Mounting - Attic Mounting will always have lower range than outdoor mounting. Note: if you must install indoors, our fully adjustable indoor / attic tripod is superior to stationary attic mounting solutions or limited movement mounting, as they'll reduce likelihood of getting the optimum signal indoors and you may find you have to mount too close to your homes walls or roof (thus adding loss). No tools needed for our tool-less tripod and no drilling whatsoever into your expensive home. It's superior to fixed mounts, as it installs instantly and both the height and direction are fully 360 degree adjustable at anytime, and you can place it away from home materials to prevent them from detuning it (via a simple hand tension knob to alter it's height or direction instantly).
HIGH INSTALL LOSS WARNING - Long coax cable runs (more than 50ft of RG6) or running your antenna to more than one TV (or adding splittlers) creates high install loss that can greatly weaken the signal and reduce channels found, unless a quality, low noise "Signal Booster" is added. View our store for name brand Signal Boosters for only $10 to $30.
- EXTREME PERFORMANCE SERIES HD TV VHF/UHF ANTENNA - Deep Fringe Capable Yagi Design pulls in stations that other models don’t even know exist!
- LONG RANGE UHF PERFORMANCE – Made by Range Xperts, so you know it's good, this is our strongest outdoor model yet with an outstanding up to 250 Mile (Tropo) range, and up to 100 Mile Line-of-Sight HDTV UHF Range, (under 40 mile Line of Sight VHF Range (note for further VHF range and/or if you do have VHF stations with 1edge or 2edge terrain obstructions shown on TVfool dot com, you'll likely need to add the Long Range VHF Upgrade Kit).
- OUTPERFORMS THE COMPETITION - Designed from the ground up for the best possible HDTV performance, this model’s UHF performance outperforms all UHF Only TV Antennas 44” or shorter in size, and compares favorable on UHF than even 8ft long VHF/UHF combo Antennas.
- DEEP FRINGE CAPABLE - Perfect Solution for picking up even the weakest of signals at far off distances!
- ATTIC & INDOOR MOUNTING – If you absolutely can't mount outside, the best indoor solution would be to use a mount that allows lots of placement and movement possibilies, such as our tool-less (absolutely no drilling into your home) indoor HD-T200 tripod to this order and you can mount the antenna instantly and anywhere. It also yields better signal than standard indoor mounts, as it’s height is telescoping and it’s 360 degree rotatable (even after antenna is installed) and locks and unlocks with a very simple tension knob! Note Attic installations will have lower range than outdoor mounting.
- SUPER EASY ASSEMBLY - Comes 95% pre-assembled, Easy 4 Step Assembly (assembly manual included). - Requires no tools to assemble.
- 2-Year Limited Warranty Included!
Please Be Safe With Your Install, Also Read & Obey: