NOTE: THIS IS RCA's NEW MODEL (launched in late 2019) which has the more reliable power supply / power inserter (much better voltage regulator). Both units look the same form the outside and the old model worked very well, except it had a higher failure rate / less reliable voltage regulator. RCA has since informed us, they have remedied this, with better voltage regulator.
*Note: at this time, most sources online are still selling the previous model, however the voltage regulator improvement was applied to the new model.
How Can You Tell?
The old model looks very similar, but had 3 x coax connections (one was for a separate VHF input), this new improved model that came out in late 2019 only has two coax connectors. Most places online are still selling the "old" model, this current listing is indeed the new (late 2019), improved model.
- UHF Gain: 22db
- VHF Gain: 16db
*This is enough gain to restore loss for up to an 6-way splitter and 200ft of RG6 Coax Cable (or up to an 8 way splitter and 100ft of RG6 cable to each TV).
Additional Features / Spes
- Switchable FM trap reduces interference from FM frequencies
- combined inputs for UHF/VHF
- VHF gain: 16dB
- UHF gain: 22dB
- Intermodulation: Avg>60dB
- 1-year RCA / VOXX limited warranty
*Important Note: If your install doesn't have high install loss, signal amplifiers (or preamplifiers) likely won't help. They're meant for installs with well over 50ft of coax cable and/or splitters in the line that eat away at the signal, otherwise they typically won't make an impactful improvement to the reception or range of an antenna.
MORE ABOUT OUTDOOR SIGNAL BOOSTERS / PREAMPLIFIERS:
Outdoor signal amplifiers are the most effective, as they are closely mounted to the antenna with virtually no install loss in between. This unit also includes a "power injector", which allows you to plug it in inside, without running any electrical wires outside. You can run a longer coax run from the amplifier outside (up to 150ft of low loss RG6 cable) to the power injector that's plugged-in inside the home. However any other devices such as splitters, should be installed on the "TV Side" connector of the power injector (this is the device that plugs into the wall),. You should run coax cable only (no other devices in between) from the power injector side that routes to the amplifier outside, so the power injector can properly send the DC voltages to the amplifier freely. Please contact us for any further help, as proper install is critical..
DO I NEED A SIGNAL AMPLIFIER / BOOSTER?:
If your install has more than 50ft of low loss RG6 (or more than 20ft of smaller diameter RG59) coax cable or you're splitting your antenna's signal to more than one TV, you may benefit by adding a signal booster as your loss will be 3db or higher. These devices effectively restore the signal that is lost due to high install loss. If running both a splitter and 50ft or more cable, they become even more necessary. Essentially, the more install loss you have beyond 3db, the more effective a signal booster becomes.
This unit also includes a "power injector", which allows you to plug it in inside, without running any electrical wires outside. Power injectors work by powering the amplifier outside (where it works best at the antenna), through the coax cable itself. An outdoor signal amplifier is more expensive than an indoor model, but offers the best performance and is still highly effective at replenishing high install loss, even if antenna is installed further away from the home.
- Tip #1: the antenna connects to the outdoor amplifier's "input" connector, and the amplifier's output connector runs to the power injector that's installed inside the home.
- Tip #2: Don't install any high loss devices (such as splitters) between the power injector's connector that routes to the amplifier, instead install splitters and all other high loss devices on the power injector's "TV Side".
- Improves reception by eliminating high install loss.
- Low noise design with 22db of UHF gain and 16db of VHF gain.
- Preserves signal purity with Extremely Low Noise (ELN) circuitry.
- Choice of both separate or single combined input for UHF/VHF..
- Switchable FM trap reduces interference from FM frequencies.
- Also covered by 1 year RCA warranty